Dear Friends on the Path,
The Buddhist Library is gradually reopening for the community in stages.
We are OPEN FOR PUBLIC:
Tuesday 11am – 3pm
Before you visit the Buddhist Library, to avoid disappointment, please check this website regularly for any updates about opening as this might change from time to time depending on the conditions.
Contactless borrowing is available (by email appointment only) on the following days:
Tuesday 11am – 3pm
Thursday 11am – 3pm
What is contactless borrowing?
Library members may come to the Library in person to collect books that have been set aside for them. There will be no contact between the borrowers and staff of the Library.
How does contactless borrowing work?
Library members search the “online catalogue – insert catalogue link”, note down details of the book/s as they appear on the screen. Scroll down the screen to find details of the book:
- Title and Author
- Call numbers (e.g. BGE 294.3 DHAM)
Please email the above details to email@example.com with your
- Full name
- Phone number
- Library card number (if you know it)
- Date and approximate time you will collect the books (Contactless collection available on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 11am – 3pm)
Library members may borrow up to 5 books each time for 4 weeks. Renewals can be done online by library members themselves or by email to Buddhist Library at firstname.lastname@example.org
Each member is allowed 2 renewals.
- Some regular classes resume in person meeting.
- Tuesday evening events and Thursday meditation classes remain online.
- Please check the relevant event page for more information.
Covid-19 rules and regulations for visiting the Buddhist Library
- You are not required to be fully vaccinated or carry vaccination evidence
- COVID-19 Safe check-in is recommended but not compulsory
- From 25 February 2022, masks will only be required for certain high-risk settings, such as travel, hospitals etc. Masks will be still encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others and for customer-facing retail staff. At the Library we will encourage wearing a mask but it will not be mandatory.
For specific health-related advice about coronavirus, please visit NSW Health.
A heartfelt thank you for your continued support and understanding.
May all beings be safe and well.
May all live in peace and ease.
The Buddhist Library Team