LIBRARY MEMBERSHIP for borrowing books
To start borrowing Library items, you are required to sign up for a library card. You will need to submit a membership application form, along with a copy of your current driver’s licence or other form of photo ID (e.g. passport).
- Duration: 3-years / 1-year
- Regular membership: $60 / $30
- Concession Full Time Students or Pensioners: $30 / $15
- Please present your full-time student card or pensioner card as proof.
- Free membership for monastics, Buddhist Library volunteers and SRE Buddhist teachers. SRE Buddhist Teachers require to present SRE teaching tag as proof.
The 3-years period of your membership is calculated as follows. If you join between:
- 1 Jan – 30 June 2021, your card will expire on 31 December 2023
- 1 July – 31 Dec 2021, your card will expire on 31 December 2024
The 1-year period of your membership is calculated as follows. If you join between:
- Jan – Mar, membership will expire on the 31 March on the following year
- Apr – June, membership will expire on the 30 June on the following year
- Jul – Sept, membership will expire on the 30 September on the following year
- Oct – Dec, membership will expire on the 31 December on the following year
Membership and borrowing rights are only open to those living in the following areas:
- Sydney Metropolitan
- Central Coast
- Blue Mountains
- Southern Highlands
Membership and borrowing rights for those living in other parts of NSW and the ACT can be negotiated and subject to additional conditions.
Click to download full terms and conditions of the Buddhist Library membership