The Buddhist Library is open Tuesdays – Thursdays, 10:30am – 5pm
Visitor numbers are currently limited to 30 people at any one time. This will allow everyone to maintain very generous safe physical distancing. Visitor numbers may increase in time, when we’re sure that it’s safe to do so.
You can visit the Library, return books, browse, borrow, sit, read, study and meditate. You can stay for as long as you wish during our opening hours. Please note that the kitchen is closed, and there are no refreshments available.
We haven’t returned to a full service yet. Our small classes are back. So are small hall hire groups – participant numbers are limited to 20 plus teachers for exercise classes/events, 30 including teachers for seated classes/events. All our other events will continue online for now.
Check the events page on this website. We’re adding new events and updating information every week, and will gradually expand services when it’s safe to do so.
Ongoing updates will be published here and on our Facebook page. If you’d like more information, please email email@example.com
Thank you, as always, for your continued support and use of the Buddhist Library. And thank you for your understanding and cooperation in observing and helping us with these safety measures.
What services are available?
- Return items on loan, browse and borrow, collect items on hold
- Sit • Read • Rest • Meditate • Study
- Bring your own device and work • Use the public WiFi
- Use the hall computer for a limit of 5 minutes, to search the catalogue
- Attend small regular classes and groups: Wednesday Lotus Buds, Thursday meditation, Friday tai chi, Saturday yoga, Saturday Buddhism Discussion Group, Sunday Wake Up, and Sunday Insight Meditation Group. See our regular program and check if you need to register to attend because participant numbers are limited
- Hall hire for groups of up to 20 participants plus teacher(s)/facilitator(s) (exercise classes/events); and for groups of up to 30 participants and teacher(s)/facilitator(s) (seated classes/events)
- The Meeting Room and Meditation Room are also open.
A maximum of 3 people are allowed in each room at any one time
What services aren’t available?
- The Kitchen is closed
- No Tuesday evening events or courses at the Library – these are being offered online via Zoom
What are the conditions of entry?
To keep everyone safe, and minimise the spread of infection, we ask that you observe these conditions of entry:
- A maximum of 30 people in the Library.
- Please sign in using the QR code provided, as required by NSW legislation.
- Alternatively (preferably only if your mobile cannot read QR codes) you must leave your contact details (full name, mobile number or email) on the form provided.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided when you enter the Library.
- Use hand sanitiser or wash your hands thoroughly before and after touching books or other resources.
- Practice good hygiene at all times. Wash or hand-sanitise your hands regularly and thoroughly, for 20 seconds; cover nose and mouth when sneezing.
- Practice physical distancing of 1.5 metres.
- Wearing a face mask at the Library is strongly recommended.
MOST IMPORTANTLY: Stay home if you’re sick. Please do not enter the Library if you’re feeling unwell, have any flu-like symptoms, have been in contact with a person who’s tested positive for coronavirus in the past 14 days, or have been in a hotspot venue or area in the past 14 days.
What safety and hygiene measures do we have in place?
The health and safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers is our priority and we are fully complying with government advice and directives, and the NSW Health guidelines for libraries. We’ve developed and implemented the Covid-19 Safety Plan: Libraries, to meet NSW government legislation and be allowed to reopen.
- Hand hygiene facilities are available at the entrance and in key locations.
- Library visitors are to maintain 1.5 metres distance from each other.
- Physical distancing measures are implemented, with queuing and seating systems in place, and signage clearly displayed.
- All returned items are quarantined for at least 72 hrs before they can be borrowed again.
- We have increased our cleaning regime. The Library is fully cleaned once a week. High-touch areas are cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectant or methylated spirits at the start of each day.