The Mind: A Work in Progress
- Location : Buddhist Library
- Start Date and Time : 06/03/2018 07:00 pm
- Finish Date and Time : 13/03/2018 09:00 pm
- Event Speaker : Jeff Oliver
- Enquiries or Contact : email@example.com 02 9519 6054
- Organising Entity : Buddhist Library
Practice, Patience and Perseverance.
Some of us are too eager and pushy with our mind and some too complacent. We need inspiration, practical reminders and some continuity of application of what we have learnt… with compassion and love.
Join us for two evenings with Jeff Oliver to find inspiration through compassion and love.
7pm – 9pm
6th & 13th March
About Jeff Oliver:
Jeff grew up at Shelly Beach, Australia, and trained as a Buddhist monk for 9 years in Burma. Throughout that time, he learnt many great qualities of the heart, of which forgiveness is one of the most important. Jeff has been teaching meditation for over 20 years and he found that forgiveness is perhaps the greatest foundation and preparation for meditation and for being a great person, living in peace and harmony and with a loving heart.
All Sessions by Dana (donation).
Dana is the traditional practice of generosity, the extending of one’s goodwill, which is fundamental to Buddhism and other spiritual traditions. The teachings flourish in an atmosphere of generosity and gratitude, and these qualities in turn support the growth of wisdom and compassion in the practitioner. The instructions and guidance for this course are offered without requesting a specified fee and it is up to individuals to determine the amount of dana they would like to offer. It can sometimes be easy to become confused when we are new to this and we wonder “how much should I give?” This is a relevant question in the material economy but an appropriate dana cannot be prescribed but requires sensitivity to its intent and awareness of the costs and expenses associated with organising a course (e.g., administrative & venue costs).
- Practical Approach to Reading Suttas to Transform Life Workshop
- Eight of this, Four of that, Seven of this, Five of that: The Buddhas Path to Mental Wellness
- The Mind: A Work in Progress
- Insight Meditation Course March/April 2018
- Looking Back – Looking Forward: Calm and Insight in the Buddhist Tradition
- Logic of Faith: Dharma Talk and Book Signing (Feb 2018)
- How to Move Forward in Practice - Dharma to fill 2018
- Workshop: Using Mindfulness and Meditation to Calm the Traumatised Mind (24th Feb)
- Dharma Bites (Feb 2018) Love Letters to Self and the World