AABCAP Professional Training Course in Buddhism & Psychotherapy
A 2 year part-time, accredited postgraduate training for psychologists, psychotherapists, counsellors and other qualified mental health professionals. Commencing May 2022 – 10 weekend modules, 3 residential retreats. Online options available.
The course offers a balance of theoretical and experiential learning, using lecture, discussion, experiential and group processes, case presentations, supervision, contemplation and meditation practices.
Modules are taught by an experienced multidisciplinary faculty, including psychiatrists, psychologists, psychotherapists and Buddhist Monks and Nuns.
- Buddhist Psychology from the perspective of the three main Buddhist traditions
- The interface between Buddhist psychology and the western psychological traditions
- The social, cultural and ethical issues in the integration of Buddhism and psychotherapy
- Mindfulness and its four foundations in psychotherapy
- The awakening experience of insight, compassion and equanimity
- Buddhism and psychotherapy in specialised areas of therapeutic work such as body based psychotherapy, working with addictions, and supporting clients with end of life issues
- The spiritual dimensions of therapy
- Buddhist informed relationship therapy