Mindfulness Meditation Workshop (starts Tues, 8th May)
- Location : Buddhist Library
- Start Date and Time : 08/05/2018 07:00 pm
- Finish Date and Time : 12/06/2018 09:00 pm
- Event Speaker : Dr Chien Hoong Gooi
- Enquiries or Contact : email@example.com 02 9519 6054
- Organising Entity : Buddhist Library
Mindfulness Meditation Workshop
This six-session workshop is an introduction to the Buddhist practice of mindfulness meditation. Each session includes presentation of topics relating to mindfulness and guided sessions for both sitting and walking meditation practices.
The workshop is structured especially for beginners but can also be suitable for intermediate meditators to continue developing their understanding and experience in this meditation technique. The amount of in-session practice time increases over the sessions in a gradual manner.
New participants will be required to attend all six modules, as each module is an extension of the previous session. Those who have previously completed the same course can drop in for individual sessions to support your meditation practice.
Tuesday 7pm – 9pm
Dr Chien Hoong Gooi is a Clinical Psychologist and the Director of the Psychology Clinic at UNSW where he provides supervision and training to postgraduate Clinical Psychology students. Chien Hoong is also a teacher of Buddhism and Buddhist meditation in the insight and mindfulness traditions. He previously served as the Buddhist Chaplain at the UNSW and is currently a member of the governing board for the Buddhist Library.
All Sessions by Dana (Donation).
Dana is the traditional practice of generosity, the extending of one’s goodwill, which is fundamental to Buddhism and other spiritual traditions. The teachings flourish in an atmosphere of generosity and gratitude, and these qualities in turn support the growth of wisdom and compassion in the practitioner. The instructions and guidance for this course are offered without requesting a specified fee and it is up to individuals to determine the amount of dana they would like to offer. It can sometimes be easy to become confused when we are new to this and we wonder “how much should I give?” This is a relevant question in the material economy but an appropriate dana cannot be prescribed but requires sensitivity to its intent and awareness of the costs and expenses associated with organising a course (e.g., administrative & venue costs).
- Mindfulness Meditation Workshop (starts Tues, 8th May)
- The Good Life with Bhante Sujato
- The Two Wings of Awakening: Wisdom and Compassion (1st May)
- Eight of this, Four of that, Seven of this, Five of that: The Buddhas Path to Mental Wellness (April)
- Workshop: Using Mindfulness and Meditation to Calm the Traumatised Mind (9th June)
- Insight Meditation Course March/April 2018
- Dharma Bites - Sharing of Insights (27th April)