Meditation in the Buddha’s Words (26th Oct)
- Location : Buddhist Library
- Start Date and Time : 26/10/2018 07:00 pm
- Finish Date and Time : 26/10/2018 09:00 pm
- Event Speaker : Venerable Vimalaramsi
- Enquiries or Contact : email@example.com or (02) 9519 6054
- Organising Entity : Buddhist Library
The Buddha gave instructions to his disciples on meditation and mental cultivation. In this talk, Venerable Vimalaramsi will discuss what the Buddha said about meditation in the early Buddhist suttas.
In particular, there is a useful step found in the suttas that can be included in meditation practice that allows practitioners to develop deep insights and progress on the path swiftly.
About Bhante Vimalaramsi – Bhante Vimalaramsi has practiced meditation for more than 40 years and is a well known Meditation teacher and author. He is interested in practicing meditation by going back to the earliest Buddhist Suttas to find out what the Buddha really taught. He uses the Majjhima Nikaya as his basis for teaching the “Mindfulness of Metta” and the Brahmaviharas, that lead to the realization of Nibbana. He calls this Tranquil Wisdom Insight Meditation (T.W.I.M.).
Other events by Venerable Vimalaramsi in NSW
Venerable Vimalaramsi will be leading various retreats and courses during his stay in Sydney at the following locations:
* Urban retreat at the Dhamma Home in Yagoona on 13 and 14 October from 10am to 5pm each day;
* Urban retreat at the Metta Centre in Bankstown on 20 and 21 October from 10am to 5pm each day;
* Joy in Meditation: A three-week Meditation Course at the Metta Centre in Bankstown on Tue 16, 23, 30 Oct, from 6.30 – 7.30pm
* 10 Day residential retreat at Vejjasala Retreat Centre in Wingello, organised by the Metta Centre, from 2-11 November
Venerable Vimalaramsi will be giving talks at the following locations:
– At Sangha Lodge on Wed 24 Oct and 31 Oct, 7.30pm – 8.30pm
– At the Indonesian Buddhist Society on Sun 28 Oct, 10am – 1pm