How to Move Forward in Practice – Dharma to fill 2018
- Location : Buddhist Library
- Start Date and Time : 20/02/2018 07:00 pm
- Finish Date and Time : 20/02/2018 09:00 pm
- Event Speaker : John Barclay
- Enquiries or Contact : 0295196054 email@example.com
- Organising Entity : Buddhist Library
Tuesday 20th Feb
7pm – 9pm
John Barclay is a lay teacher in the tradition of Vietnamese monk Thich Nhat Hanh. He leads the Wednesday evening Lotus Buds group, which is associated with a number of lay Thich Nhat Hanh sanghas in the wider Sydney region and with the “Entering the Stream” Monastery in Beaufort, Victoria. John began practicing with Lotus Buds in 1995. He received the Lamp Transmission from Thich Nhat Hanh in 2004. He is married and has four children.
All Sessions by Dana (donation).
Dana is the traditional practice of generosity, the extending of one’s goodwill, which is fundamental to Buddhism and other spiritual traditions. The teachings flourish in an atmosphere of generosity and gratitude, and these qualities in turn support the growth of wisdom and compassion in the practitioner. The instructions and guidance for this course are offered without requesting a specified fee and it is up to individuals to determine the amount of dana they would like to offer. It can sometimes be easy to become confused when we are new to this and we wonder “how much should I give?” This is a relevant question in the material economy but an appropriate dana cannot be prescribed but requires sensitivity to its intent and awareness of the costs and expenses associated with organising a course (e.g., administrative & venue costs).
- How to Move Forward in Practice - Dharma to fill 2018
- Dharma Bites (Feb 2018) Love Letters to Self and the World
- Looking Back – Looking Forward: Calm and Insight in the Buddhist Tradition
- The Mind: A Work in Progress
- Eight of this, Four of that, Seven of this, Five of that: The Buddhas Path to Mental Wellness
- Workshop: Using Mindfulness and Meditation to Calm the Traumatised Mind (24th Feb)
- Logic of Faith: Dharma Talk and Book Signing (Feb 2018)
- Practical Approach to Reading Suttas to Transform Life Workshop
- Insight Meditation Course March/April 2018