Expanding Our Circle of Compassion
- Location : Buddhist Library
- Start Date and Time : 31/07/2018 07:00 pm
- Finish Date and Time : 31/07/2018 09:00 pm
- Event Speaker : Rod Lee
- Enquiries or Contact : 0295196054 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organising Entity : Buddhist Library
As human beings, we have enormous potential to be joyful and compassionate people but we also have the potential to be miserable and cause harm to others. Amidst our fast paced and competitive society, full of anxiety and stress, is there any room to cultivate compassion?
In this seemingly challenging modern world…
Is it possible to live a compassionate life?
How do we grow in compassion?
How does compassion improve our serenity and inner strengths?
We welcome you join us to find out from Rod Lee some key steps, helpful practices and approaches in compassion cultivation.
Rod Lee has studied under Venerable Geshe Acharya Thubten Loden since 1978 and has been teaching meditation and Buddhist philosophy for more than 25 years. He has been involved in health care management and education for the past 30 years. He is also a Shiatsu practitioner with extensive training in oriental medicine, nutrition and postural realignment and has also been an instructor of Tai Chi for the past 35 years.
All Sessions by Dana (donation).
Dana is the traditional practice of generosity, the extending of one’s goodwill, which is fundamental to Buddhism and other spiritual traditions. The teachings flourish in an atmosphere of generosity and gratitude, and these qualities in turn support the growth of wisdom and compassion in the practitioner. The instructions and guidance for this course are offered without requesting a specified fee and it is up to individuals to determine the amount of dana they would like to offer. It can sometimes be easy to become confused when we are new to this and we wonder “how much should I give?” This is a relevant question in the material economy but an appropriate dana cannot be prescribed but requires sensitivity to its intent and awareness of the costs and expenses associated with organising a course (e.g., administrative & venue costs).
- Dharma Bites - Sharing of Insights (29th June)
- Daytime Absolute Beginner’s Meditation Course (July)
- Expanding Our Circle of Compassion
- Compassionate Communication Workshop (July & August)
- Human Being: About Being Human and How We Live This Out
- How to Liberate Oneself from Suffering?
- Mindfulness Meditation Workshop (Aug/Sept)
- Do Happy Relationships Exist? (26th June, 3rd July)