Do Happy Relationships Exist? (26th June, 3rd July)
- Location : Buddhist Library
- Start Date and Time : 26/06/2018 07:00 pm
- Finish Date and Time : 03/07/2018 09:00 pm
- Event Speaker : Rosiana Lim
- Enquiries or Contact : email@example.com 02 9519 6054
- Organising Entity : Buddhist Library
- Download PDF File : Download File
Do Happy Relationships Exist?
All relationships whether they’re between couples, friends, family, colleagues, even neighbours, require effort, particularly if they are to work.
Are happy relationships even possible?
What do the Buddhist teachings say about this?
How do we apply the Buddhist principles to our relationships?
Rosiana Lim is an accountant by profession and has been practising for a decade. And throughout her practice, she has been touched by the profundity of the Buddhist teaching. She was actively involved in the Buddhist community through her role as an English Dhamma Talk Coordinator. She likes to attend silent meditation retreats and believes it’s the conducive way to get in touch with her heart and to unveil the innate wisdom. She has attended a nine-day retreat with Ajahn Brahm and some weekend retreats with other senior teachers like Ajahn Dtun, Ajahn Viradhammo, Ariya Nani, and also some lay teachers.
All Sessions by Dana (Donation).
Dana is the traditional practice of generosity, the extending of one’s goodwill, which is fundamental to Buddhism and other spiritual traditions. The teachings flourish in an atmosphere of generosity and gratitude, and these qualities in turn support the growth of wisdom and compassion in the practitioner. The instructions and guidance for this course are offered without requesting a specified fee and it is up to individuals to determine the amount of dana they would like to offer. It can sometimes be easy to become confused when we are new to this and we wonder “how much should I give?” This is a relevant question in the material economy but an appropriate dana cannot be prescribed but requires sensitivity to its intent and awareness of the costs and expenses associated with organising a course (e.g., administrative & venue costs).
- Dharma Bites - Sharing of Insights (29th June)
- Human Being: About Human and How We Live This Out
- Compassionate Communication Workshop (July & August)
- Workshop: Using Mindfulness and Meditation to Calm the Traumatised Mind (Reschedule to September)
- Do Happy Relationships Exist? (26th June, 3rd July)
- Working with the Five Hindrances (19th June)
- Mindfulness Meditation Workshop (starts Tues, 8th May)