(Weekly) Wednesday Lotus Buds Mindfulness Meditation
- Location : Buddhist Library & Meditation Centre
- Start Date and Time : 11/01/2017 07:30 pm
- Finish Date and Time : 20/12/2017 09:30 pm
- Event Speaker : John Barclay and other teachers
- Enquiries or Contact : Lotus Buds Sangha: John Barclay 9559 8805 or visit website www.lotusbudsangha.org
- Organising Entity : Lotus Buds Sangha
- Cost 1 : AUD 0.00 By Donation
Time: 7.30 pm – 9.30 pm
Lotus Buds Sangha is the name of the group that meets each Wednesday at the Buddhist Library. Normally there are between 20 and 30 people each week who come from all walks of life with a range of experience in Buddhist practice – beginners are always most welcome.
We are led by lay teachers in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh, a Vietnamese Zen monk who has lived in the west for the past forty years. Thay, meaning teacher, is a poet and peace activist who has monks and nuns in monasteries in France, USA and Vietnam and is the author of many books on Buddhism.
Each week we practice various meditation techniques including guided meditations, walking meditation, mindful movements and relaxation meditations as well as hearing dharma talks and silent sittings. The teachings are given by a number of teachers, including Khanh Le Van, John Barclay, Mai Chan Trong and Peter Wale.
Together we learn ways to live “deeply in the present moment” – using Buddhist teachings in a practical way to bring peace, joy and happiness to our busy 21st Century lives. Our teacher emphasizes developing mindfulness in even what we might consider the most mundane of our daily tasks; such as brushing our teeth or waiting for the traffic lights to change. The methods have been described as deceptively simple yet deeply profound.
Lotus Buds are a group of everyday people learning to develop our own awareness, understanding and compassion – as Thay would say “growing our hearts a little bigger each day”. Why not drop in one Wednesday and join us?
- (Weekly) Thursday Mindfulness Meditation Practice
- Book Club - Little Bites of Dharma 26th May 12:30pm Fri
- (Monthly) Saturday Buddhism Discussion Group
- (Weekly) Saturday Gentle Yoga & Meditation
- (Weekly) Wednesday Lotus Buds Mindfulness Meditation
- (Every Two Month) Open group loving kindness meditation practice
- (1st & 3rd) Sunday Wake Up Mindfulness Meditation
- (Weekly) Thursday Power Yoga & Meditation
- (Monthly) Vipassana Meditation Sessions – Keeping Up Your Practice