(Weekly) Thursday Mindfulness Meditation Practice
- Location : Buddhist Library Ltd
- Start Date and Time : 02/02/2017 12:15 pm
- Finish Date and Time : 14/12/2017 01:00 pm
- Event Speaker : Practice with Guest Teacher of the month
- Enquiries or Contact : Buddhist Library 02 9519 6054 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organising Entity : Buddhist Library Ltd
Every Thursday. Time: 12:15pm-1:00pm
Weekly Mindfulness Meditation Group Practice allow you to practice meditation with others as well as the possibility of establishing and strengthening your own meditation practice. For those of you who have done the Insight Meditation, Absolute Beginners Meditation, or Mindfulness Meditation at the Buddhist Library, this class is an excellent way to continue and build on the skills you have learnt.
Each month we will invite a guest teacher to facilitate the meditation practice. If the teacher is not present, we will play guided meditation recording and sit together.
Come once; come weekly to this informal gathering of meditation.
Terry has been coming to the Tuesday evening sessions at the Library over the past 13 years and somewhere along the way became a Buddhist. He is a retired bookkeeper with scientific leanings and likes to marry psychology with Buddhism. His favourite author is the American Buddhist nun, Pema Chodron, and he has a liking for walking meditation.
John is a lay teacher in the tradition of Vietnamese monk Thich Nhat Hanh. He leads the Wednesday evening Lotus Buds group, which is associated with a number of lay Thich Nhat Hanh sanghas in the wider Sydney region and with the “Entering the Stream” Monastery in Beaufort, Victoria. John began practicing with Lotus Buds in 1995. He received the Lamp Transmission from Thich Nhat Hanh in 2004. He is married and has four children.
Sue is an experienced yoga teacher, qualified in both Hatha and Dru styles of yoga. She teaches a range of weekly yoga classes in Sydney’s inner west. Formerly a university teacher in the School of Public Health at UNSW she has a lifelong interest in using yoga to counteract depression and anxiety and develop mental well-being. She has been a Buddhist practitioner for 30 years.
- (Weekly) Thursday Mindfulness Meditation Practice
- (Weekly) Saturday Gentle Yoga & Meditation
- (Monthly) Vipassana Meditation Sessions – Keeping Up Your Practice
- (Every Two Month) Open group loving kindness meditation practice
- (1st & 3rd) Sunday Wake Up Mindfulness Meditation
- (Weekly) Wednesday Lotus Buds Mindfulness Meditation
- Book Club - Little Bites of Dharma 28th July 12:30pm Fri
- (Monthly) Saturday Buddhism Discussion Group
- (Weekly) Thursday Power Yoga & Meditation