(Weekly) Saturday Gentle Yoga & Meditation
- Location : Buddhist Library & Meditation Centre
- Start Date and Time : 04/02/2017 10:00 am
- Finish Date and Time : 23/12/2017 11:30 am
- Event Speaker : Giles Barton
- Enquiries or Contact : Buddhist Library: 02 9519 6054 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organising Entity : Buddhist Library & Meditation Centre
- Cost 1 : AUD 0.00 By Donation
Change on start and end time: 8th July & 15th July to 7:30am-9am
Every Saturday. Time: 10 am – 11.30 am
Please check the website regularly for any changes before you come to the class.
This weekly meditation session explores the importance of yoga practice in our daily lives. Yoga means to yoke or unite the body and mind so as to still the mind.
These classes provide a gentle introduction to both physical and mental yoga for those interested in or wanting to learn how to calm the mind. It is particularly suited for beginners as it uses a soft and gentle style of yoga.
If you are interested in this, you are also welcome to join “Thursday Power Yoga & Meditation”.
Yoga mats are available at the library.
This course is run on *dana.
*Dana is the traditional practice of generosity, the extending of one’s goodwill, which is fundamental to Buddhism and other spiritual traditions. The teachings flourish in an atmosphere of generosity and gratitude, and these qualities in turn support the growth of wisdom and compassion in the practitioner. The instructions and guidance for this course are offered without requesting a specified fee and it is up to individuals to determine the amount of dana they would like to offer. It can sometimes be easy to become confused when we are new to this and we wonder “how much should I give?” This is a relevant question in the material economy but an appropriate dana cannot be prescribed but requires sensitivity to its intent and awareness of the costs and expenses associated with organising a course (e.g., administrative & venue costs).
- (Weekly) Saturday Gentle Yoga & Meditation
- (Monthly) Vipassana Meditation Sessions – Keeping Up Your Practice
- Book Club - Little Bites of Dharma 28th July 12:30pm Fri
- (Every Two Month) Open group loving kindness meditation practice
- (1st & 3rd) Sunday Wake Up Mindfulness Meditation
- (Weekly) Thursday Power Yoga & Meditation
- (Weekly) Wednesday Lotus Buds Mindfulness Meditation
- (Weekly) Thursday Mindfulness Meditation Practice
- (Monthly) Saturday Buddhism Discussion Group