The Path to Wisdom – The Middle Way
- Location : Buddhist Library
- Start Date and Time : 04/04/2017 07:00 pm
- Finish Date and Time : 04/04/2017 09:00 pm
- Event Speaker : John Barclay
- Enquiries or Contact : email@example.com 02 9519 6054
- Organising Entity : Buddhist Library Ltd
“There is a middle way between the extremes of indulgence and self-denial, free from sorrow and suffering. This is the way to peace and liberation in this very life.”
Is it possible to remove ourselves from the world nor get lost in it?
How does the Middle Way lead us to living a life with wisdom?
How do we end sufferings with Middle Way practice?
Come along to find out more from John Barclay, a long-term Buddhist practitioner and teacher, on the path to wisdom.
Tuesday 7pm – 9pm
John Barclay is a lay teacher in the tradition of Vietnamese monk Thich Nhat Hanh. He leads the Wednesday evening Lotus Buds group, which is associated with a number of lay Thich Nhat Hanh sanghas in the wider Sydney region and with the “Entering the Stream” Monastery in Beaufort, Victoria. John began practicing with Lotus Buds in 1995. He received the Lamp Transmission from Thich Nhat Hanh in 2004. He is married and has four children.
All Sessions by Dana (Donation).
Dana is the traditional practice of generosity, the extending of one’s goodwill, which is fundamental to Buddhism and other spiritual traditions. The teachings flourish in an atmosphere of generosity and gratitude, and these qualities in turn support the growth of wisdom and compassion in the practitioner. The instructions and guidance for this course are offered without requesting a specified fee and it is up to individuals to determine the amount of dana they would like to offer. It can sometimes be easy to become confused when we are new to this and we wonder “how much should I give?” This is a relevant question in the material economy but an appropriate dana cannot be prescribed but requires sensitivity to its intent and awareness of the costs and expenses associated with organising a course (e.g., administrative & venue costs).
- Beyond Mindfulness: A workshop with Reverend Heng Sure
- The Dharma of Faerie Tales with Bhante Pandit
- How shall I live? - Patrick Kearney
- Workshop: Using Mindfulness and Meditation to Calm the Traumatised Mind (24th June)
- The Path to Wisdom - The Middle Way
- The 16 Stages of Breathing Meditation (Anapanasati) Workshop
- The Values of Life by Ven. Ashin Tejinda
- Strength Training for the Mind: Brahmavihara Practice
- Advanced Beginner’s Meditation Course May 2017