The Path to Wisdom – The Middle Way
- Location : Buddhist Library
- Start Date and Time : 04/04/2017 07:00 pm
- Finish Date and Time : 04/04/2017 09:00 pm
- Event Speaker : John Barclay
- Enquiries or Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org 02 9519 6054
- Organising Entity : Buddhist Library Ltd
All Sessions by Dana (Donation).
Dana is the traditional practice of generosity, the extending of one’s goodwill, which is fundamental to Buddhism and other spiritual traditions. The teachings flourish in an atmosphere of generosity and gratitude, and these qualities in turn support the growth of wisdom and compassion in the practitioner. The instructions and guidance for this course are offered without requesting a specified fee and it is up to individuals to determine the amount of dana they would like to offer. It can sometimes be easy to become confused when we are new to this and we wonder “how much should I give?” This is a relevant question in the material economy but an appropriate dana cannot be prescribed but requires sensitivity to its intent and awareness of the costs and expenses associated with organising a course (e.g., administrative & venue costs).