Rose Ceremony (Zen) 21st Aug 9:30am Sun
- Location : Buddhist Library Ltd
- Start Date and Time : 21/08/2016 09:30 am
- Finish Date and Time : 21/08/2016 03:00 pm
- Event Speaker : John Barclay
- Enquiries or Contact : Text John Barclay on 0401 168 597 to register.
- Organising Entity : Buddhist Library Lotus Buds
The Rose Ceremony is one of the most prominent on the Buddhist calendar, an opportunity to nourish understanding, gratitude and love for our parents.
No matter what the quality of our relationship with our parents, we are encouraged to participate in the day with a clear intention to begin afresh with an open mind seeking to develop our greater understanding. The ceremony is an opportunity to cultivate more compassion for ourselves and for others.
The program includes some sitting and walking meditation, readings and the “pinning of roses”. Please bring a vegetarian plate to share for the silent meal. A guided relaxation will be offered after lunch.
21st August, Sunday, 9:30am – 3pm
Suggested donation to Buddhist Library is $10.
Text John Barclay on 0401 168 597 to register.