Cancelled: How shall I live? – Patrick Kearney
- Location : Buddhist Library Ltd
- Start Date and Time : 12/05/2017 07:00 pm
- Finish Date and Time : 12/05/2017 09:00 pm
- Event Speaker : Patrick Kearney
- Enquiries or Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org 02 9519 6054
- Organising Entity : Buddhist Library Ltd
- Download PDF File : Download File
- “How shall I live?” This is the fundamental ethical question that we all face. In this talk we shall explore the Buddha’s approach to ethics. He is concerned with how we should be rather than what we should do. The Buddha is not interested in transcendental beliefs, but the practical conditions that will allow us to flourish in our everyday world. In this talk we shall explore the Buddha’s approach to living a life that satisfies our deepest needs.
All Sessions by Dana (Donation).
Dana is the traditional practice of generosity, the extending of one’s goodwill, which is fundamental to Buddhism and other spiritual traditions. The teachings flourish in an atmosphere of generosity and gratitude, and these qualities in turn support the growth of wisdom and compassion in the practitioner. The instructions and guidance for this course are offered without requesting a specified fee and it is up to individuals to determine the amount of dana they would like to offer. It can sometimes be easy to become confused when we are new to this and we wonder “how much should I give?” This is a relevant question in the material economy but an appropriate dana cannot be prescribed but requires sensitivity to its intent and awareness of the costs and expenses associated with organising a course (e.g., administrative & venue costs).
If you are interested in Patrick Kearney teaching, we have a good news to share! Patrick will run a two days of mindfulness at the Buddhist Library on 13th and 14th May – please contact Di Evans for information and bookings for this weekend workshop.
Two days of mindfulness – 13th and 14th May at the Buddhist Library
Organise by Kalyana Mitta Sangha
This workshop will introduce you to the practice of mindfulness as it was understood by the Buddha. It is designed for beginners and experienced practitioners. We will loosen our bodies with mindful stretching, and open our minds with mindful awareness. We will also explore how our practice of mindfulness applies to our everyday lives, by integrating the Buddha’s instructions on mindfulness practice with his teachings on ethics. Participants should wear loose and comfortable clothing, suitable for yoga/bodywork.
Cost: Early bird $140 (for those who register by 21 April 2017); $160 after early bird; $100 concession.
Dana: In accordance with Buddhist tradition, Patrick offers his teachings as a gift (dana) to his students. Students are encouraged to return the gift by making an offering to him.
Information & bookings for weekend workshop, please contact: Di Evans – email@example.com