Advanced Beginner’s Meditation Course May 2017
- Location : Buddhist Library Ltd
- Start Date and Time : 05/05/2017 10:00 am
- Finish Date and Time : 25/05/2017 12:00 pm
- Event Speaker : Patricia Austin
- Enquiries or Contact : email@example.com 02 9519 6054
- Organising Entity : Buddhist Library
This 4-weeks course led by Patricia Austin is designed for those who have done the Insight Meditation, Absolute Beginners Meditation or Mindfulness Meditation at the Buddhist Library this course will provide assistance to practice in a supportive environment with teaching, walking and sitting sessions.
Registration essential as numbers are limited.
To gain maximum benefit from the course participants are encouraged to attend all sessions.
Fridays 10am – 12pm
Patricia Austin has been a Buddhist practitioner for 20 years. Her meditation training is in the Burmese Theravada tradition. Buddhism is integral to her daily life. Patricia is a clinical psychologist with a small private practice. She has previously worked in HIV/AIDS services, carried out research into the mental health of asylum seekers and for 19 years provided psychological therapy to the bereaved at Sacred Heart Palliative Care Service. Patricia is married and lives in Sydney.
All Sessions by Dana.
Dana is the traditional practice of generosity, the extending of one’s goodwill, which is fundamental to Buddhism and other spiritual traditions. The teachings flourish in an atmosphere of generosity and gratitude, and these qualities in turn support the growth of wisdom and compassion in the practitioner. The instructions and guidance for this course are offered without requesting a specified fee and it is up to individuals to determine the amount of dana they would like to offer. It can sometimes be easy to become confused when we are new to this and we wonder “how much should I give?” This is a relevant question in the material economy but an appropriate dana cannot be prescribed but requires sensitivity to its intent and awareness of the costs and expenses associated with organising a course (e.g., administrative & venue costs).
- The Path to Wisdom - The Middle Way
- Strength Training for the Mind: Brahmavihara Practice
- Beyond Mindfulness: A workshop with Reverend Heng Sure
- The Values of Life by Ven. Ashin Tejinda
- Advanced Beginner’s Meditation Course May 2017
- Workshop: Using Mindfulness and Meditation to Calm the Traumatised Mind (24th June)
- The 16 Stages of Breathing Meditation (Anapanasati) Workshop
- The Dharma of Faerie Tales with Bhante Pandit
- How shall I live? - Patrick Kearney