The Buddhist Library is a non-sectarian, not-for-profit educational organisation based in Camperdown, Sydney.
It has over 7,000 books and multimedia resources. These resources range from introductory material to scholarly texts in all main schools of Buddhism and related subjects. The library is open to the public although membership is required for borrowing of resources. There are also books for free distribution available at the library.
Besides the reading resources, Buddhist Library offer a range of courses and workshops for one’s understanding and practice. This is a unique platform where we introduce teachers from various backgrounds, locally and internationally to offer thorough teachings and practices.
The Buddhist Library Objectives are:
- To develop and maintain a resource library containing a wide range of educational material on Buddhism and related subjects.
- To disseminate information about the core practices and teachings of Buddhism.
- To provide religious educational resources to schools.
- To encourage Buddhist meditation practices.
- To provide facilities where Buddhist teachers and groups can conduct classes, meditation sessions, workshops and exhibitions.
- To have a welcoming hub for individuals to share, engage and interact in the Dharma.
- To refer interested members of the public to Buddhist groups and teachers.
- To foster a Buddhist-Library-based community.